Antique Polish Pewter Tankard Elbląg 1801
browse these categories for related items...
Directory: Antiques: Decorative Art: Metals: Pewter: Pre 1837 VR: item # 1152147
Please refer to our stock # D161 when inquiring.
Hundred and One Antiques
Visit Our Website
613 979 8250
Antique Polish Pewter tankard Willkommen of a Carpenters’ Guild made in the city of Elbląg in 1801. DETAILS: A stepped dome lid with ball finial, engraved with the emblem of the Carpenters' Guild, Stamped on the underside with the city of Elbląg touchmarks, with the date 1801, incorporated in the band of the crown. A cylindrical drum raised on a dome foot, engraved 1883, with the names of the Guild members. We do not know if the emblem of the Carpenters' Guild on the lid was engraved in 1801, and the names of the Guild members were engraved following after the early style of decoration, as the emblem in 1883, or the entire engraving is from 1883. A similar Pewter Carpenters’ Guild tankard Willkommen made in the city of Elbląg in 1801, from the collection of the Muzeum Historyczne Miasta Gdańska (The History of Gdansk museum), was presented on exhibition at the Wystawa wilkomów na ladzie cynowej w Dworze Artusa. Wystawa (2009-06-23–2009-09-15).
During the First Partition of Poland in 1772, Elbląg was annexed by King Frederic II of Prussia, and in 1773 Elbląg became part of the new created Prussian Province of West Prussia as Elbing until 1945.
DIMENSIONS: Height from the base to the end of the ball finial: 29.5 cm (11 5/8 in). Diameter of the base: 17 cm (6.69 in).
CONDITION: The tankard is in good condition, no cracks, or repairs, there are two minor dents on the rim of the base.
ALL ITEMS ARE GUARANTEED TO BE AUTHENTIC ANTIQUES, AND NOT REPRODUCTIONS.
ALL OUR ARTIFACTS ARE ACCOMPANIED BY A CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY.
WE SHIP INTERNATIONALLY