A pale green faience offering jar, Dynasty 26, c. 664 - 535 BC, with cylindrical body, flat base and flared mouth. Intact with a few small areas of roughness. H: 1 5/8" (6.7 cm). Ex Thomas Collingwood collection, Philadelphia, acquired before 1970. The ancient Egyptian tomb often had a nearby chapel where the family or friends of the deceased could come to pay respects and leave offerings, often in terracotta or faience jars such as this example.
A pair of Islamic Period pottery fragments from the Euphrates-Sumer Palace of Harun el Rashid, Ragga, Syria, c. 8th - 11th Century AD. Both with traces of glaze. With old collection label giving the find site and date of 1934. Largest piece measures 5 3/8" (13.6 cm) in width.
A lot of 3 nice Roman 'Terra Sigillata' fragments from Egypt, c. 2nd - 3rd Century AD. Each with high gloss surfaces and decorative molded garland. Largest measures 6" (15.2 cm) in length and appear to all be from the same vessel.
A Roman bronze lamp filler, Britain, 2nd - 3rd Century AD, with fleur-de-lys shaped appendages on sides and a fan-shaped handle, the long pouring spout missing it's end. L: 3 1/4" (8.3 cm). Some light corrosion. Found in Britain. Ex Thomas Cotterill collection, UK, acquired 19th Century.
A fragment of Roman marble floor tile and jar handle. The marble floor tile fragment, c. 1st - 3rd Century AD, is from Ephesus, collected in the 1940's. Deep green-black and white swirled color. 3 3/4" x 3" (9.5 x 7.6 cm). The jar handle is from Dura-Europos (Syria), c. 2nd - 3rd Century AD, L: 6 1/2" (16.6 cm). Both with old collection labels and from an antique collection of curiosities.
A Greek terracotta female head protome, c. 5th Century BC, wearing a stephane and with archaic features and some incised detail. Intact, some weathering. H: 3 7/8" (9.8 cm). Mounted on custom stand with a description and image of a similar example taped to the back the prior collector.
An Egyptian light blue faience amulet of a reclining Eros, Graeco-Roman, c. 2nd Century BC/AD, with legs crosses, right arm across chest and left arm behind head. Part of his wing is visible just over his right shoulder. H: 2" (5.1 cm). Intact.
A Chalcolithic loom weight from Byblos, c. 5th Millennium BC, of circular shape with hole for suspension, Dia: 3 3/4" (9.5 cm), with old collection label. Also included a circular stone weight, Near East, c. 1st Millennium BC, Dia: 3 1/4" (8.2 cm). Ex English private collection, both acquired in the 1930's & 1940's.