Just every once in a while we come across a magnificent piece of miniature furniture made in England circa 1870 as an apprentice piece. An apprentice cabinetmaker would have to create a miniature piece of furniture as his final exam which would exhibit his mastery of all the skills he had studied. And this apprentice piece is a masterpiece of so many intricate skills. It is constructed from mahogany with a mahogany veneer and a backsplash with flat peak...
28" x 11", original movement with a maker's sign: George H. Taylor.
George Taylor is listed as watchmaker and clockmaker 1870-1939. He formed a partnership with William H. Taylor in 1877 as George H. Taylor & Co. and were listed in Providence, RI business directory from 1877 until 1939. Their shop was on Westminster Street. Information is from Paul J. Foley's book "Willard's Patent Time Piece".
A beautifully hand wrought pair of iron gates from Rose Iron Works in Cleveland Ohio ca 1920. An important foundry still in business today. Each side panel is 70" high by 6" wide; each main panel is 61" high by 22" wide. Original finish. In excellent condition.
This is a decorative crest made from a solid piece of oak by the end of the 19th century. Note a small repair at the right part of the piece. Dimensions 3 1/2"high/ 16"long/ 1"deep.
Two pairs of identical wrought iron garden gates with decorative leaf and floral elements. All elements remain intact. Each section 27" high by 32" wide (overall gate width 64"). Sections could be used as individual gates, right or left opening. Old black paint finish, very little rust: very good condition.
20" wide, 17" deep, 18" high. Oak with embossed brass and great handles--casters. I almost never buy this form but this one is unusually nice.
This is a beautiful middle part of the 19th century Arch, originally coming from a small Church in the Alpes of Hautes France (South of France), mostly used to display the Status of a Saint, made from two intricately sculpted pieces of carrara marbles highlighted by a colorful triangular decorative element made from A Vimine Breccia marble. The interesting part comes from the fact that this Vimine marble is originally from the same area and the quarry is today closed making it hard to find...
This is a beautiful and massive pair of marble brackets handmade by the end of the 18th century, each sculpted from a single piece of Caunes Speckled Gray marble. The quarry was originally located in Caunes-Minervois in Aude South of France. Used greatly during the 17th and 18th century for furniture, decoration and fireplace. Note minor chips on edges. Dimensions 12 ¼”high/ 4 ½”wide/ 3 ½”deep.
Not only highly decorative but extremely useful! (we use three)
Good quality brass fittings, a lovely rich honey colour.
Size: H 101cm W 68cm
This is a massive lock made during the second half of the 19th century and originally coming from a pair of doors during the Haussmannization of Paris. The key is not original and added later on. The lock is in working order. Circa date 1870. Dimensions 6 ¾"high/ 5 ¾"wide.
Set of 4 walnut Fragments originally coming from a Renaissance style Boiserie, made by the end of the 19th century and representing 2 couples with Middle Age clothing (Typical of the Renaissance Revival period of the time). Circa 1890. Dimensions 35"high/ 3 1/2"wide/ 1 3/4"deep.
This is a very pretty middle part of the 19th century Cast Iron Window Balcony, commonly called Garde Fou by the French, originally coming from Paris during the Haussmannization. Circa date 1860. Dimensions 10”high/ 32”wide.
Early Shooting Gallery IRON PIG
length is 11 inches
height is 7.5 inches
Early American STUDENT'S LAMP
height is 22 inches
width is 16 inches
Late 1400's Italian wood bas relief carving of "God the Father" emerging from the clouds with his right hand raised in blessing and his left hand holding an orb. Traces remain on the surface area of polychrome paint and gold leaf. The piece came from the estate of John Secondary but provenance is not verified. A rare treasure, "God the Father" measures 14.5" high by 12" wide (frame is 22.25"x 17").
This is a stunning pair of entrance doors made from solid oak by the end of the 19th century and originally coming from Paris. Each mounted with wrought iron grill and glass door upon the paneled bottom highlighted with boldly built moldings. Note the mailbox provided on one of the doors. This pair is for sale as is. Circa date 1880. Dimensions 87"high/ 47"wide.