Circa 1840 Horace TIFFT Banjo Clock Atteboro, Mass.
browse these categories for related items...
Directory: Antiques: Instruments and Implements: Timepieces: Clocks: Pre 1900: item # 1040220
Please refer to our stock # clock BJ_02 when inquiring.
4th of July Antiques
Santa Clara Valley
Horace Tifft, clockmaker from the Atteboro Section of Boston
* Born: 18 Dec 1804, Attleboro MA
* Marriage: Orinda Blackington on 23 Nov 1825 in Attleboro MA
* Died: 11 Mar 1886
General notes: Jeweler and clockmaker
Events in his life were: He worked from
circa 1830 to 1870 as a JEWELER & CLOCKMAKER in Attleboro, Mass.
* He appeared on the 1840 census taken at Attleboro MA, listed as a clockmaker.
* He appeared on the 1860 census taken at Attleboro MA, listed as a manufacturing jeweler.
* He appeared on the 1870 census taken at Attleboro MA, listed as a jeweler.
* He appeared on the 1880 census taken at Attleboro MA, listed as a farmer.
Horace married Orinda Blackington on 23 Nov 1825 in Attleboro MA.
(Orinda Blackington was born on 14 Jun 1807 in Attleboro MA.)
Tifft Banjo Clock
Overall Height is 33 inches including Finial
Width at Base is 10 inches
Dial is 7 inches
the Weight is marked " H T " for HORACE TIFFT
THE CLOCK WILL BE PACKED BY A PROFESSIONAL PACKING COMPANY