A fine square form dish kakuzara decorated with a scene of a large Pavillion or Temple Complex set upon a lakeside shore with Peony scroll motifs to two corners and a high foot ring with traditional comb foot. The design is one of those originally selected by the Shogun Ieharu (1737-1786) in 1773, and continued to be tendered and reserved for presentation to the Shogun during the Edo period.
A near identical dish is illustrated in Kyushu Ceramic Museum “Nabeshima: Porcelain for the Shogunate” at page 195, Section 5, number 228, dated to the period 1810-40.
The dish measures 14.5cm by 14.5cm in width, 18cm as measured diagonally, and stands approximately 3.5cm high, the foot-ring measures 9.5cm in diameter. It is in good condition with no cracks, chips or restoration.
Shipping at Cost.