An undulating Art Nouveau framework adorns the original complimenting cut crystal bowl. A billowing cover enhanced by relief tendrils and a naturalistic pierced handle complete the form. Made by the Walter Scherf Workshop founded in Nuremberg in 1899 and ceased operating in 1914. Prominent designers such as Friedrich Adler, Peter Behrens and Joseph Maria Olbrich were commissioned to create designs. This fine example was likely designed by Peter Behrens. The range was signed Isis or Osiris as is this beneath the foot, circa 1900. Dimensions: 3 5/8" H, 5" W, 9" L.