Shipping Your Items
- Shipping costs are not included in the purchase price. Shipping costs are the responsibility of the buyer.
- Any item that you purchase from us will be carefully packed and shipped within three (3) working days of receipt of payment.
- We recommend shipping small items (jades, beads, etc.) by EMS (Express Mail Service). EMS is very reliable and they also have a convenient tracking website. Your item/items should arrive within five (5) to seven (7) working days.
-For fully insured items, items will have to be sent by airmail post. It will take from 12 - 15 days for your item/items to arrive.
- If you have a Federal Express Account, we will be more than happy to ship through your account.
- All customs charges, state taxes, import duties, and local handling charges will be the sole responsibility of the purchaser.
- Insurance of Items: Insurance is at the discretion of the buyer and not the responsibility of JJ Oriental. If the buyer wants to insure the merchandise, he/she must notify us since JJ Oriental does not insure merchandise unless requested by the buyer. In order to get insurance in Thailand for shipping merchandise, the package has to be shipped either through FEDEX or DHL. The insurance cost to the buyer is 3% of the declared value.
If the item that you purchased is not as described by a certified appraiser (Christie's, Sotheby's, etc.) the item must be returned within fifteen (15) days of receipt of the item. When returning the item, it must be marked as a "no value" item for customs purposes or there will be a 60% duty that will be incurred. After the item is returned, and there is no damage, we will refund the actual cost of the item, minus ALL shipping, handling, PayPal fees, bank currency conversion fees, insurance fees, and any other fees that may be incurred in the returning of the item.
If you decide to have the actual item tested, it must be within the fifteen (15) day period. The testing must be by an accredited and acceptable organization accompanied with a signed certificate. If an item is not what was represented, we will return your payment, minus the costs as stated above, as long as the item is in the same condition as when it was shipped. We do not accept testing or evaluations using photo images.
Through our experiences, we have found that there are many reproductions coming out of China and Southeast Asia that look quite good. Our recommendation, when buying ancient pottery from the Neolithic, Han, Tang, Song, Ming dynasties, etc, is that you have the item thermo-luminescent tested if you feel that the item is not correct.
Please note that jade/hardstone is difficult to date, even by experts. Our jades are described and dated through our years of experience and study. We guarantee our jade/hardstone pieces to be hand carved and of the period that we estimate. If you are not satisfied, our thirty (30) day return policy is the same. Unfortunately, there is no scientific method available today to authenticate the age of jade/hardstone pieces since the material itself is already millions of years old.
We take many photos of our jade pieces. When looking at photos of different angles of a piece, every angle should be pleasing to the eye. When you view photos and you find it difficult to discern what you are looking at, you should be wary as to its authenticity.
Please keep in mind that original pieces are more expensive than reproductions. If you find that our items are a little high in price, it is because they are original. However, we do welcome any reasonable offers on our items.
We value our customers and we look forward to having you enjoy these wonderful treasures.
If you have any questions about our items, please do not hesitate to write to us. We will be more than happy to explain what to look for when buying antiques.
Payments can be made by Paypal (Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover), Western Union or by direct bank wire transfer.
For any item(s) held with a deposit, and requested by the buyer to be marked "sold", the buyer will forfeit the deposit if the order is cancelled.