A Britannia metal coffee pot made by E. Stacy & Son, successors to John Vickers, Britannia Place, Sheffield. See stamp on the bottom of the pot. Britannia metal is an alloy that was invented by John Vickers to replace the expensive pewter in 1745. Britannia metal gradually started to replace pewter from about 1780. Size: H. 26cm. W. 20cm. Condition: No repairs. Some dents in the metal. See photos.