This porcelain cup and saucer was produced in Germany by the Royal Berlin Porcelain Manufactory known as KPM around 1835. The signature is in blue under the glaze. The cup is entitled “Das Konigl: Opernhaus u: Bluchers Stanbild.” Roughly translated it means “The Konigl Opera House at Blucher’s Statue”. The saucer has a diameter of 5 3/4 inches and the cup measures 3 inches tall with a diameter of 3 5/8 inches. The front of the cup features a hand painted depiction of the location noted. It is painted with precision and skill. There are wide bands of gilding trimming each piece. Topographical cups and saucers help preserve the memory of monumental historical architecture.
Condition: There is light wear to the interior gilding of the cup and to a thin band just below the painting. It is minor considering the age and rarity of the set.