Shipwreck Porcelain Cargoes by Roger Bradbury AntiquesRoger Bradbury Antiques
Home
 
Royalty Silver Edward VII Coronation Anointing Spoon

browse these categories for related items...
Directory: Antiques: Decorative Art: Metals: Silver: Pre 1910: Item # 1214122

Click to view additional online photographs
detail 1 detail 2 detail 3 detail 4 detail 5 detail 6


Roger Bradbury Antiques
Skeyton Lodge,
Skeyton
+44(0)1603737444

Guest Book

£195.00

Royalty Silver Edward VII Coronation Anointing Spoon
Royalty Solid Silver Edward VII Coronation Anointing Spoon Boxed with Provenance. This lovely Silver gilt commemorative spoon is a faithful copy of the Anointing Spoon used at the Coronation of King Edward VII in 1902 at Westminster Abbey. It bears hallmarks for London 1902 and makers initials CS FS which is Cornelius Desmonceaux Saunders and James Francis Hollings Shepherd. In its original red morocco leather box with velvet and satin lining plus retailers inscription: C Parker & Co Goldsmiths and Jewellers 70-78 Regent Street, London. There is a letter of provenance provided J.C and J. Field: Candle and soap makers, of 15 upper Marsh, Lambeth, London. Founded by Thomas Field of Lambeth before 1642. 1768 John Field was listed as a wax chandler of Lambeth. 1800 the Field family business was known as John and Charles Field, candle makers from Lambeth Marshes. 1820 With the addition of another John, from the next generation of the family, the company became known as J.C and J. Field. 1820 The firm were listed as wax Chandler to the Prince Regent in 1820 and had a shop in Wigmore Street between about 1820 and 1861. 1830 The title of John, Charles and John Field was adopted Mid 1840ís soap manufacture began in lower fore sweet, Lambeth 1853 Nightlights were listed among the firms products; candles were listed soon after. Late 1850ís Moved to Bermondsey New Road 1873 Ozokerit candles for tropical climates. The Ozokerit refining process was apparently the cornerstone of the candle business. 1876 Trademarks were registered for the Company, now known as candles manufacturers, by Arthur Field and his business partners Frederick Field and John Kingsford Field 1887 The Company was registered as J.C and J. Field Ltd, the final member of the Field family left the board soon afterwards 1888 The Company absorbed another Company and non-Field family members joined. 1897 The Company was registered on August 10th, to take over the business of the firm of the same name, soap and candle makers at Lambeth and Bermondsey, and the scope of the Companys business has since been added to. 1894 The Bermondsey works closed 1903 Land obtained for a factory at Rainham, Essex 1907 The manufacture of household soap started 1912 the firm ceased to describe themselves as wax chandlers 1935 Toilet preperations were introduced as a new line 1941 The Company moved from Lambeth Marsh to Wimbledon 1954 Moved to Amersham; candles and soap were dropped from the product range 1954 KEG brand. Along with the letter of provenance and a lovely original box, I think it sets this piece above many other examples. Weight: 96g Length: 26.75cm


Page design by TROCADERO © 1998-2013 View Cart
Categories Shops Join Terms Critique Map Help