Original mixed-media (watercolor,gouache, ink) on handmade mulberry paper by Bob White (Francis Robert White, American, Iowa, 1907-1986). This work measures 20" by 13" (work alone) and 28" by 21" in its original gallery frame. It is signed l.r. and dated 1960. The painting is floated within the frame and is presented in a linen mat in a walnut frame. In excellent original condition. Bob White was born in Oskaloosa, Iowa. He traveled to Europe at the age of 17, where he spent a few years--1925-1929 studying the great masters, in France and Italy. He also studied at the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts, at the New York Art Students League, and at the Art Institute of Chicago. He had initially started a career as a glass artist: the Whitney Studio Gallery, later the Whitney Museum, commissioned a window for their collection from the artist. White also studied at the Stone City Art Colony and School in 1932, where he first followed Grant Wood artistically but eventually broke away from his influence. He was administrator of Easel/Design for the Chicago offices of the Illinois Art Project (a part of the WPA program). He also took over the role of director of all WPA art projects for Iowa, after Grant Wood. Bob White also created the windows for the First Presbyterian Church in Mason City, Iowa. His works are held at the MacNider Museum in Mason City. Well exhibited (AIC, Corcoran Gallery, Kansas City Art Institute, PAFA, Whitney, etc.), listed, and collected.