This unusual tincture bottle is in excellent condition. The bottle interior is clear and the stopper, which sports ground glass, is in very nice condition except for some unobtrusive interior edge chips and two very minor flecks on the (L) edge of the stopper.
A hard to find circa 1900 patent pharmacy bottle ready for your collection!
A fabulous addition to any doctor or medical collection!
Veterinary signs of any type are quite scarce! Wonderful patina!
A treasure of early signage designed in the Art Nouveau style, this sign measures 46 inches long by 7 inches wide. The sign weighs at least 25 pounds and sports cast detailing seldom found!
The sign features a delightful and mellow patina with an old painted surface retaining traces of old blue coloring beneath the exterior battleship gray tones. Scattered areas of unobtrusive surface rust add to the wonderful appeal of this vintage sign.
Visually appealing and artfully designed, this vintage piece of signage would make an interesting addition to one's Medical Memorabilia Collection!
Possibly Staffordshire, the quill holder features polychrome coloration with gold embellishment. Condition is wonderful with no chips, breaks, repairs, or repaints. Some discoloration seen under the base in the area where the quill hole is located. This discoloration may well be due to ink drips from quill or pen landing on the porcelain over many, many years.
A delightful piece!
The label references the 1906 Food and Drug Act, and the bottle retains partial contents. The bottle is in fine condition and measures about 4 inches high, sporting a mildly worn label.
Female specific medicines remain elusive - don't miss out!
The contents include copious information on such as: ETIOLOGY, DIAGNOSTIC INDICATIONS, DISEASE PROGRESS & PROGNOSIS, TREATMENT, REMEDIES and much more.
This text is one in a series of books published in the 1880's by the WILLIAM WOOD & COMPANY, 55 & 58 Lafayette Place, NEW YORK. 355 pages. 106 black & white wood engravings.
CONDITION: Excellent with minimal foxing or wear, solid binding. MEASURES 9.25” x 6”.
The case measures 4.5 inches long x 3.5 inches wide x 2.6 inches high and is in very good condition. The box labeling is as seen on each photo. Basically, the label is fairly good with loss and wear commensurate with a used, antique item.
Dr. T.D.M. Wilson graduated from Jefferson Medical College in 1875, and the following offered items from this estate auction provide an historical glimpse into his long medical career.
The first item is a fabulous 19th century brass DOCTOR T.D.M. Wilson sign measuring 14L x 9W inches, which likely adorned the entrance way to Dr. Wilson's office.
Also offered in this grouping is a rare group photo of Dr. Wilson (4th from the left) and other Phi Kappa Sigma members. The frame measures 16.5"L x 12.5"W. While the photo is a bit faded, the image is remarkable and includes a distinguished group of Phi Kappa Sigma members.
The third and fourth items in this grouping are a small, framed, 1909 AMA membership certificate with Dr. Wilson's name inscribed, and a very unusual IRS narcotic SPECIAL TAX STAMP from 1926. This Narcotic form is unique in that it names Dr. Wilson as the single physician allowed to dispense narcotics within the 23rd District of the State of Pennsylvania.
Finally, 2 handwritten letters postmarked in 1884 from Dr. Wilson to his loving wife are included, offering a small glimpse into his personal life.
Together, this is rich grouping of artifacts provides one a unique opportunity to further enhance one's collection of medical objects.
One package is marked PARKE DAVIS – “BUTTERNUT” - Bark of Root, measures 8” x 5”, and is in a one pound package. The other 6 wrapped packages feature hand-written content labels and are as follows: “Pd. Poplar Bark” 5” x 2” – “Pink Root” 4” x 4” x2” – “Beth Root” 3”x2” – Poke Root” 5” x4” x2” – a plastic bag of “Buchu Leaves” 8”x 6” x 2” and “Alkanit Root” in an 8” x 5” paper wrapper.
Aside from the Buchu Leaves, the packages are in “as found” but generally quite good condition considering their substantial age and very fragile nature!
Fabulous to display just as they are in their original packaging, lending an authentic, apothecary-shoppe-look to your personal collection!! Or fill your early glass apothecary bottles with vintage contents!!
The surface sports a vintage patina with traces of rust still present. This appealing cork press measures 9.25ï¿½ long and is untouched original ï¿½as foundï¿½ undamaged condition.
One of the hardest to find of the vintage figural cork presses.
Framed in original, period frame with wood backing (20 x 15.5 inches); photo dimensions- 14.5 x 19.5 inches. Wonderful condition!
The 8.5 inch tall bottle has the manufacturer's letters “W.T.CO. – Pat. 1889 - USA” embossed on the base.
This label under glass (LUG) tincture bottle is in fine condition. The stopper sports ground glass construction as well. The label is complete and displays well.
This appealing bottle originated from a former pharmacy in Putnam, CT, which closed in 1949.
The company notes that their tablets could treat numerous symptoms and conditions especially womens ills. It enjoys crossover appeal in that it is also a 1904 World's Fair souvenir and an advertisement for the drug company - what a wonderful giveaway!
The Antikamnia ("Opposed to Pain") Chemical Company of St. Louis, Missouri, produced medicines similar to aspirin and were famous for their very graphic calendars that were given to physicians as tokens for prescribing their products.
. Measuring 3.25"W x 4.75L", this cutie is in very nice condition. The image is clear with minor surface wear commensurate with its age.
All but one bottle are re-purposed and sport "OTIS CLAPP & SON" embossing on one side. One bottle sports the original Otis Clapp & Son paper label (SEPIA). One bottle is round and not original to case.
Each Otis Clapp bottle measures over 2.5 inches high, having hand-written labels with instructions for use and corks with hand-written contents on top. One Otis Clapp bottle is amber colored; otherwise the bottles are clear.
The case measures 7" x 4.5" x 5" and is in very good condition with a functional front clasp. An early note has been affixed to the inner top to reflect contents, dose and antidote.
Very unusual indeed!
Some History from the Derby Connecticut Historical Society:
ALBERT W. PHILLIPS, M. D. was born at Marcellus, N. Y., July 26, 1838, his early education having been secured in the common schools of his native town.
He graduated from the Hannemann Homoepathic College, Chicago, Ill., in 1861.
At the commencement of the Rebellion, he enlisted as a private in the 12th Regiment, New York State Volunteers, but was later appointed hospital steward of the same regiment, and later received the appointment of assistant surgeon of the 149th Regiment New York Volunteers. He served until the close of the war, when he moved to Birmingham. He held the office of registrar of vital statistics, and also was an influential member of the Board of Burgess for several years. He was the only follower of the school "similia similibus curantur" in the town, and had a large and lucrative practice.