The 8.5 inch tall bottle has the manufacturer's letters “W.T.CO. – Pat. 1889 - USA” embossed on the base.
This label under glass (LUG) tincture bottle is in fine condition. The stopper sports ground glass construction as well. The label is complete and displays well.
This appealing bottle originated from a former pharmacy in Putnam, CT, which closed in 1949.
This lovely, late-Victorian-styled inhaler is primarily being sold for its original box. The box is complete and very detailed on all sides (including the top), sporting wonderful graphics and information on its many merits. The box measures 6.5" H x 4" W x 3.25" D and shows only mild wear and faint staining. Finding a complete box in this condition is quite uncommon.
The lamp is not complete and is minus its chimney and top medicinal pan.
The advertising says it all - great graphic and lung specific. The last patent date noted on the box is 1899, and the first patent date is stamped on the lamp as being Ag. (August) 4, 1885.
This instrument dated 1928 has survived in very nice condition sporting a miniature paper optical chart. The wooden tool measures about 11.5 inches, complete with a good optical lens and functions like new.
The nickel plated, heavy metal device is neatly packed into a hardwood case sporting joined grooved construction. Included are 3 size funnels and 2 matching tampers, a felt moistening rolling pin - 4 envelopes each containing direction slips for use. Also contains 2 booklets - one for physicians touting the history and benefits of using the Konseal rice flour capsules and another larger booklet primarily containing directions for use. The set is complete with a wooden top tray for housing the booklets, funnels, rolling pin and supplies.
The wooden case and metal Konseal machine are in very good condition, commensurate with age and use. The top tray is in good condition as well though it sports an ancient hole as seen in the photos.
Please note the original handsome brass label tacked to the top of box. The wooden case measures 9.5"L x 6.5"W x 3.5"H.
Wafers when sealed, were designed to house bitter flavored powdered medicines thus avoiding distasteful side effects.
All but one bottle are re-purposed and sport "OTIS CLAPP & SON" embossing on one side. One bottle sports the original Otis Clapp & Son paper label (SEPIA). One bottle is round and not original to case.
Each Otis Clapp bottle measures over 2.5 inches high, having hand-written labels with instructions for use and corks with hand-written contents on top. One Otis Clapp bottle is amber colored; otherwise the bottles are clear.
The case measures 7" x 4.5" x 5" and is in very good condition with a functional front clasp. An early note has been affixed to the inner top to reflect contents, dose and antidote.
Very unusual indeed!
Some History from the Derby Connecticut Historical Society:
ALBERT W. PHILLIPS, M. D. was born at Marcellus, N. Y., July 26, 1838, his early education having been secured in the common schools of his native town.
He graduated from the Hannemann Homoepathic College, Chicago, Ill., in 1861.
At the commencement of the Rebellion, he enlisted as a private in the 12th Regiment, New York State Volunteers, but was later appointed hospital steward of the same regiment, and later received the appointment of assistant surgeon of the 149th Regiment New York Volunteers. He served until the close of the war, when he moved to Birmingham. He held the office of registrar of vital statistics, and also was an influential member of the Board of Burgess for several years. He was the only follower of the school "similia similibus curantur" in the town, and had a large and lucrative practice.
The 8.25 inch tall bottle is marked on the base “WN WALTON PAT. SEP 23 1862", and is of early blown glass construction. The fancy, recessed, applied label is complete and is in very nice condition. The stopper is of ground glass construction and is in very good order as well.
The inside of the bottle is clean. Very nice indeed!
This dual purpose pharmacy tool of the trade measures about 9 inches high and retains much of its original black japanned surface.
The condition of the empty bottle is undamaged and the label is very good.
This unusual tincture bottle is in excellent condition. The bottle interior is clear and the stopper, which sports ground glass, is in very nice condition except for some unobtrusive interior edge chips and two very minor flecks on the (L) edge of the stopper.
A hard to find circa 1900 patent pharmacy bottle ready for your collection!
The case measures 4.5 inches long x 3.5 inches wide x 2.6 inches high and is in very good condition. The box labeling is as seen on each photo. Basically, the label is fairly good with loss and wear commensurate with a used, antique item.
One package is marked PARKE DAVIS – “BUTTERNUT” - Bark of Root, measures 8” x 5”, and is in a one pound package. The other 6 wrapped packages feature hand-written content labels and are as follows: “Pd. Poplar Bark” 5” x 2” – “Pink Root” 4” x 4” x2” – “Beth Root” 3”x2” – Poke Root” 5” x4” x2” – a plastic bag of “Buchu Leaves” 8”x 6” x 2” and “Alkanit Root” in an 8” x 5” paper wrapper.
Aside from the Buchu Leaves, the packages are in “as found” but generally quite good condition considering their substantial age and very fragile nature!
Fabulous to display just as they are in their original packaging, lending an authentic, apothecary-shoppe-look to your personal collection!! Or fill your early glass apothecary bottles with vintage contents!!
The Boericke & Tafel Company is presently a premier supplier of homeopathic medicines and is also one of the country’s oldest homeopathic companies, having begun its manufacturing enterprise back in 1853.
Dating to the 1880's, the handsome mahogany case is complete with 103 unused bottles sporting paper and cork top labels. This rarity comes complete with its original key. The case measures 11.5" L x 8.25" W x 3" H is in very nice condition, embellished with an inlaid, oval, brass unmarked owners label.
A fabulous addition to any doctor or medical collection!
The label references the 1906 Food and Drug Act, and the bottle retains partial contents. The bottle is in fine condition and measures about 4 inches high, sporting a mildly worn label.
Female specific medicines remain elusive - don't miss out!
The sign advertises the office of "James H. Groom. Dentist.", and remains in fine condition with deep-toned, original patina and with some very minor warping due to its many years of age. The lettering is actually impressed into the surface and is painted black. Any white marks appearing on the front of the sign are due only to light/sun reflection---the sign has a very even-toned coloration.
The sign has a hole at each corner to facilitate hanging, or it may be easily displayed upon a shelf!
A fabulous , rich-looking display piece with great "eye appeal"!
This is the first set of molds I have seen complete with all attachments. Clearly an unusual find. A rare opportunity to add a wonderful pharmacy tool - of the - trade to your collection.