Extensively used in the 19th century and earlier, the cupping glass is a glass vessel from which the air has been exhausted by heat or suction creating a vacuum, and then applied to the skin to draw blood to the surface for therapeutic or curative purposes.
As each is priced separately (see photos for pricing), please email us stating the number of items you wish to purchase so that we can customize your order form.
Veterinary signs of any type are quite scarce! Wonderful patina!
This fabulous beauty salon collectible comes with its original box, a bottle of “FABROL” lotion with original paper label, 4 metal rod CURLERS, 2 metal with wood handle DRYING TUBES, wires, and a group of curling papers. Looking at the apparatus in this kit, it is a wonder any woman was brave enough to perm her hair!!
The paper-covered cardboard box has wear and tear typical of a 70+ year old piece, but it displays wonderfully and sports a highly decorative label on the inner cover featuring the image of a lovely lass curling her hair.
From “Mons. Antoine Fabre – 11 Hills Place – Oxford Circus, London, W.”.
Dates to the early 1920s.
The 1.5 inch small Atropine 1/200gr. bottle is from the 1950s and in good condition - Price is $8.00.
The 2 inch Atropine 1/100gr bottle is in nice condition. - Price is $10.00.
The cute Nitrostat bottle measures 1.25 inches is priced at $8.00.
.The scarce 2 inch tall Cactina Pillets box and bottle dates to the early 1900s and is in fine condition. - Price is $35.00
The 4 inch tall Crateagus Heart remedy bottle with box has been SOLD.
A nice grouping indeed!
The Boericke & Tafel Company is presently a premier supplier of homeopathic medicines and is also one of the country’s oldest homeopathic companies, having begun its manufacturing enterprise back in 1853.
Dating to the 1880's, the handsome mahogany case is complete with 103 unused bottles sporting paper and cork top labels. This rarity comes complete with its original key. The case measures 11.5" L x 8.25" W x 3" H is in very nice condition, embellished with an inlaid, oval, brass unmarked owners label.
Condition: Mild, unobtrusive wear to the paper. The blue round label is affixed to the glass, not the actual paper. The frame retains 2 early holes used for hanging along with various surface dings and an early slice of wood missing from the right side of frame.
Historically, Pabst's Okay Specifics was cited by the 1906 FDA Act for various violations including failure to mention alcohol content, having no known curative ingredient, etc, resulting in frequent seizure and destruction of the product!
Each container is in very good condition and houses small labeled EMPTY medicine tubes sporting tiny cork tops.
Each box measures about 3 inches high and dates to the early 1900s.
This is a rare collection seldom found in this condition.
PRICED SEPARATELY - Heroin is SOLD - The Eli Lilly Codeine and Digitalin are $50.00 each and the Sharpe & Dohme Nitroglycerin is $30.00.
The 8.25 inch tall bottle is marked on the base “WN WALTON PAT. SEP 23 1862", and is of early blown glass construction. The fancy, recessed, applied label is complete and is in very nice condition. The stopper is of ground glass construction and is in very good order as well.
The inside of the bottle is clean. Very nice indeed!
The vials are empty.
Both pill tiles have identical marking on the back side as follows: "GERMANY" and "Trademark 'M' PHILADELPHIA, NEW YORK".
The smaller tile measures 8" x 10" and is in excellent condition, priced at $125.00.
The larger tile measures 10" x 12" and is in nice condition with the exception of a small 1/2" chip on the top front edge. Priced at $115.00.
Very nice tools of the trade!
Possibly Staffordshire, the quill holder features polychrome coloration with gold embellishment. Condition is wonderful with no chips, breaks, repairs, or repaints. Some discoloration seen under the base in the area where the quill hole is located. This discoloration may well be due to ink drips from quill or pen landing on the porcelain over many, many years.
A delightful piece!
This fabulous show globe sports a hand-blown, glass globe that is surrounded and adorned by very fancy, plated brass. The globe measures 22 inches high from the bottom finial to the top. Inclusive of the chain hanger, the globe measures 36 inches from base finial to the tip of original hanger. Condition is excellent with no missing parts, damage or repairs. The interior of the globe has a mild haze that I have chosen not to attempt to clean. The globe holds water quite safely should the next owner choose to fill it with colored liquid, as was the practice during the show globe "heyday". The metal components retain a beautiful patina.
The show globe is quite striking and will be a fabulous addition to any collection!
History: The 20th century provenance of the original show globe pair is documented per the previous owner as follows: The show globe pair resided from 1933 until 1965 at Liberty Drug, 126 Liberty Street, New York City, within very close vicinity of what was to become the location of the World Trade Center. The globes were then passed on in 1965 within the family and were moved to Liberty Drug, 195 Main Street, Chatham, NJ, where they were proudly displayed until 1986 when the most recent family member/owner retired and closed the drug store.
All but one bottle are re-purposed and sport "OTIS CLAPP & SON" embossing on one side. One bottle sports the original Otis Clapp & Son paper label (SEPIA). One bottle is round and not original to case.
Each Otis Clapp bottle measures over 2.5 inches high, having hand-written labels with instructions for use and corks with hand-written contents on top. One Otis Clapp bottle is amber colored; otherwise the bottles are clear.
The case measures 7" x 4.5" x 5" and is in very good condition with a functional front clasp. An early note has been affixed to the inner top to reflect contents, dose and antidote.
Very unusual indeed!
Some History from the Derby Connecticut Historical Society:
ALBERT W. PHILLIPS, M. D. was born at Marcellus, N. Y., July 26, 1838, his early education having been secured in the common schools of his native town.
He graduated from the Hannemann Homoepathic College, Chicago, Ill., in 1861.
At the commencement of the Rebellion, he enlisted as a private in the 12th Regiment, New York State Volunteers, but was later appointed hospital steward of the same regiment, and later received the appointment of assistant surgeon of the 149th Regiment New York Volunteers. He served until the close of the war, when he moved to Birmingham. He held the office of registrar of vital statistics, and also was an influential member of the Board of Burgess for several years. He was the only follower of the school "similia similibus curantur" in the town, and had a large and lucrative practice.
The decorative and delicate detailing of this piece is at odds with its most gruesome history! Scalloped copper edge guards and the appealing pattern in which the drainage holes in the laminated wood tabletop were laid out contribute to visual appeal. The softwood table frame stands on nicely turned hardwood legs.
When opened and extended to its maximum dimensions, the table measures 72" long X 18.5" wide X 22" high. To facilitate ease of traveling, this portable table slides and folds to 40" long X 18.5" wide X 4" high. A leather carrying handle is attached to the table edge; legs, when folded, are secured in place with hooks.
Very fine original condition: expected overall wear (patina) with one hook missing and minor unobtrusive loss of laminate along lower table top edge measuring approximately 1/3” wide by 7”.
Likely Staffordshire, the quill holder features lovely polychrome coloration. Condition is wonderful with no chips, breaks, repairs, or repaints. Age crackling to glaze is evident along with a tiny stain on the dove's breast.
A darling piece!