The condition is very good for each bottle except for some staining on one of the bottles. Complete labels and undamaged bottles make these a choice trio of poisons.
The instrument is made of what appears to be aluminum or stainless steel and is in in excellent condition. The syringe measures about 14 inches long x 3.5 inches wide. The box is complete and a bit tattered -- primarily at the seams. It sports 2 detailed labels as pictured. An unusual and rarely found dental tool of the trade.
The embossed "SSS for the Blood" lettering is present on both sides, and the pot-shaped holder is in very nice condition sporting a patina commensurate with its age. There has been one foot professionally replaced years ago. Measures about 5 inches high and ready for your collection!
Some History: Chances are the year 1826 doesn’t strike a deep historical chord to most Americans, but to the people at the S.S.S. Company, it was one of the most significant dates in history. For it was in 1826, that the mighty Creek Indians bequeathed a treasured remedy of theirs, now known as S.S.S. Tonic, to Captain Irwin Dennard of Perry, Georgia, as a reward for having saved the life of one of their Chieftains. Captain Dennard sold the formula to Colonel Charles T. Swift who also lived in Perry, Georgia, and Swift quickly formed a partnership with Colonel H.J. Lamar of Macon, Georgia, to bottle and sell the Tonic. In 1873, Colonel H.J. Lamar, foreseeing Atlanta as the future Metropolis of the South, moved the company to Atlanta. According to the company's history, the S.S.S. stood for Swift’s Southern Specific in the earlier years.
The rubber pipe measures 4 inches high and is in very good condition. It dates to 1898, as the Butler company changed ownership in 1898 and then became The American Hard Rubber Co.
This wonderful, 1940-1950s vintage hand made and painted mortar and pestle display once adorned the interior of a Connecticut pharmacy. The display is decorated in red with painted bronze details for added flair.
Measures about 7 high” x 4.5” wide and is in very nice condition! Some unobtrusive surface paint loss and scuffing including a few tiny nail holes are apparent but do not distract from their visual appeal!
The label on top is marked "JOHN MARIS Co - PHILADELPHIA" - and in smaller print "MADE IN GERMANY".
Measuring 3.25" L x 1.5" W x 1.5" H and sporting a well-patinated surface, tarnished weights, and solid maple wood box.
Quite visually appealing, the sign is in very nice condition with a minor paint spot on the top center above the "L" and one on the top frame. There is light wear on the wood finish as well but it is not obtrusive.
Eli Lilly was a proud manufacturer of proprietary medicines for over a century and often provided signage to drug store owners to both assist in promoting these local pharmacies as well as to advertise their own products.
The case measures 5.5" L x 5' W x 3" H. Hard to find microscope / laboratory tool of the trade.
The Spencer Lens Company was founded in 1895, but was actually a continuation of the earlier business originally established by Herbert Spencer in the 1840s.
The cute and colorful box is slightly worn and will fit anywhere in your collection.
Marked on the side of the box: “Mifflin Chemical Corp. Phila. PA”.
An unusual all around treatment remedy for the relief of many conditions including: Pneumonia, Bronchitis, Neuralgia, Neuritis, Lumbago, Congestion of the Lungs, Flu, Coughs, Colds, Croup and Swelling!
The tin is full of medicated gauze which was placed in boiling water creating a paste which was then applied hot with a towel.
Neat stuff created by the "PHI-TEM COMPANY, North Chelmsford, MA."
Condition is good with original contents and faded purple colored paper label with scuffs stains and wear seen in the photos. Measures 3 inches tall and appears to be from 1930-1940 era. 3 tins available.
The interior sports 5 compartments packed with a total of 62 medicine bottles. Specifically, there are 32 narrow medicine vials with metal screw-on caps, plus 17 medium-size vials. There are six miscellaneous vials, 5 of which are corked, and one that houses a later-date, glass syringe. Finally, there are 7 apothecary bottles with ground glass stoppers residing in their individual compartments.
Imprinted in gold-gilding on the inside cover flap is the manufacturer name, "H.K. MULFORD COMPANY", which is a precursor to today's Merck. The label cites "7 Highest Awards from the 1893 World's Columbian Exposition" which dates the case to the 1890's.
This interesting case measures 11 inches L x 5.5 inches W x 6.25 inches H. The case is complete and has modest wear and tear commensurate of a used antique. Some separation of leather parts with stains of age and use reside on the interior and exterior surfaces.
An intriguing piece of early pharmacy and physician care.
There are 9 borers stacked within each other. Each borer sports perfect patina and appear to be in unused condition. With this set, is a worn and tattered paper packaging envelope. The borers are numbered 1 through 9 and are ready for your collection.
Rarely found especially in this condition! Measures 7 inches when stacked with each borer reaching 4 inches high.
The display is quite appealing with embossed and raised detailing featuring eye muscle anatomy. quite visually appealing!! (Sorry, couldn't help it!)
The sign dates to the 1950s, is in fine condition, and is complete with a fold-out, rear, display stand, measuring approximately 13 inches high x 8 inches wide.
The back side of the bottles are ribbed indicating that the contents are poison. The bottles are empty of contents. The bottles date to the 1920s and are ready for your collection. The bottle on the left has a label that is slightly better than the one on the right. Priced each.
This is part of many “female specific” old pharmacy stock items for sale.
This diminutive size display measures 4.25" x 3.25" closed and is in very nice condition. The top lifts up to facilitate advertisement of the product and would have been placed on the counter top of a pharmacy in this fashion. A neat find!
This popular and very recognizable, pharmacy collectible is constructed of a cobalt blue glass base with an aluminum stand that sports an old bottle of Bromo Seltzer retaining a label dating to 1987. The stand measures just over 15 inches high including the bottle.
The condition is commensurate with a used pharmacy device. The base shows wear with various scratches, and the metal is tarnished. The dispenser mechanism rotates and functions properly. The piece was in storage for many years and retains its original, "as-found" patina. A very nice find!
The Bromo Seltzer product takes its name from a component of the original formula, sodium bromide. Bromides are a class of tranquilizers that were withdrawn from the U.S. market in 1975 due to their toxicity. Their sedative effect probably accounted for Bromo-Seltzer's vast popularity back in the day as THE go-to remedy for hangovers!
The large brass sign measures 5" x 14", exhibits some tarnishing, and was most likely placed on the doctor's office building exterior.
The diminutive brass sign, measures 6.5" x 3.5" and was most likely attached to an interior door.
Both signs are in very nice condition and are easily displayed either on a shelf or on the wall!
The pair is offered at $100.00 or either one of the signs may be purchased individually at $60.00 each.