Fine Antique Edwardian Bidet in Satinwood having a rectangular lift-off top with ebony and rosewood line inlay opening to a pottery bowl and raised on turned, fluted and tapered legs. Stamped: "Johnstone Jeanes & Co, 67 New Bond St. London"*
*Johnstone Jeans & Co. was a furnishing house in London in the late 19th Century. They participated in the Exhibition of Works of Art applied to Furn ...click for details
Exceptional George III Painted Satinwood Pembroke Table, in the manner of Robert Adam; having rectangular top and two drop leaves, with a central painted patterae of children with dogs and a border decorated with ribbon and foliage. Below is a single drawer and the whole is raised on straight, tapered legs with painted floral decoration. English, circa 1780.(slight warp to leaves
Fine George III Tilt-top Tea Table in mahogany having circular dished top above a “birdcage” support (which allows for rotating the top) and a vasiform pillar supported by three cabriole legs with pad feet. English, circa 1760-80.
Fine 18th century English “riddle-back” sidechair in mahogany having shaped, pierced crest rail and three similarly carved slats above a saddle seat and straight, molded legs joined by an “H” stretcher. Circa 1780.
Provenance: from the Boiardi Family Collection, Penderyn House, Wye River, MD.
Fine Napoleon III Ebonized Armchair, having shaped crestrail above a rectangular padded back with molded armrests and robust double cyma curved supports above a shaped and carved skirt and cabriole legs and with black horsehair upholstery. French, Circa 1870.
Pair of Antique English "Gothik" Windsor Side Chairs in elm, beech, and ash with hoop back enclosing a "Gothik" tracery design, having ring-turned legs joined by H-form stretchers. Circa 1850, Thames Valley Region. (Repairs to hoop.)
Exceptional antique English lap desk in rosewood, having brass bound top opening to an interior fitted with writing slope, pen and ink wells, secret drawers and an unusual “pop-up” section with four small drawers. Circa 1790-1820, on later stand.
Provenance: the Glass-Glen Burnie Museum, Winchester, VA