Fine Antique Renaissance Revival Burled Walnut Canterbury or Whatnot, with a rectangular top shelf with a three quarter pierced gallery supported by pierced vasiform side panels. The lower section with dividers and openwork front, side and back panels above a single drawer and raised on turned feet ending in porcelain castors. English, Circa 1860. Provenance: The Estate of Winzola Poole McLendon < ...click for details
Fine Victorian Needlepoint Tilt Top Table in walnut having a circular top with floral needlepoint under glass, a turned and tapered pillar with carved leafage decoration and openwork scrolled legs. American or English, circa 1860.
Fine Victorian Cane Rack or Umbrella Stand in black painted cast iron; having a shaped pediment, decorated back with a relief of a dog's head and removable tray in the base.
The English registry number impressed in the back dates this to circa 1885.
English Victorian Reading or Dictionary Stand: partially ebonized figured walnut and fruitwood, having a sloped bookrest supported by a ring and vasiform turned pillar and raised on four scrolling legs with ebonized turned finials and ending in porcelain castors. Circa 1880.
Late Victorian Bamboo and Lacquer Magazine Rack, having a padded seat top and hinged front panel opening to a divided interior; front and sides decorated with lacquer chinoiserie panels of birds and blossoms. English, Circa 1880.
(losses to lacquer)
Pair of Antique English "Gothik" Windsor Side Chairs in elm, beech, and ash with hoop back enclosing a "Gothik" tracery design, having ring-turned legs joined by H-form stretchers. Circa 1850, Thames Valley Region. (Repairs to hoop.)
Antique English Carved Walnut Storage Bench, rectangular with upholstered hinged lid and front panel with openwork gothic arches. The hinges are stamped “Horne Patent” a hinge used by both Gillows and Holland and Son. Circa 1850.
Fine Antique English Victorian Tilt Top Tea Table, ebonized, polychrome painted and partial gilt decorated, the circular top with floral decoration.
(minor losses to painted decoration, legs replaced).
Provenance: Society of the Cincinatti, Anderson House Museum, Washington, D.C. Accession Number M.1938.753 ...click for details