this harpsichord is a replica of the 1734 harpsichord by Hieronymus Albrecht Hass which is now ,in the brussels musical instrument museum.it was made by kaufmann in the seventies and belonged to yvan de halleux an harpsychord factor who restorated it .The instrument shown above, which is nine feet long, illustrates the way in which Hass included the 16-foot stop in his instruments. The 16-foot bridge is seen closest to the bentside, on a separate, slightly raised section of soundboard. To its left are (in succession) the 8-foot hitchpin rail (resting on an internal bentside, not visible), the 8-foot bridge, and the 4-foot bridge.
Hass was the maker of the largest known harpsichord to have been made before the 20th century: built in 1740, it has three manuals with couplers, five sets of strings (16' 8' 8' 4' 2'), six rows of jacks, a lute stop and harp stop for the 16'.
a rare piece with powerfull bass sound