This pair of nineteenth century torcheres in the Renaissance Revival style are crafted from carved polychrome wood and feature three hand-painted cartouches depicting Saint Jeremiah, Saint Florian, and an ancient Roman temple with the date 1760, and upper assemblies of six candle arms of cast metal which are believed to be bronze. Not all the writing has been deciphered. The Latin abbreviation OP.N is seen on the panels depicting Jereamius and Florian, which stands for Ora Pro Nobis and translates to Pray For Us. The pair were electrified sometime in the early-mid twentieth century. We may add new sockets, candle covers and wiring as needed prior to shipment. They measure 94.7" tall and 22" across (240 cm by 56 cm).