This antique plaque, painted in 1879 by Jean Gauvin, depicts men and women of distinction in the eighteenth century, enjoying the surroundings near the Temple of Love in the gardens of Versailles. (The temple was built in 1778 on an artificial island in order to house Bouchardon's marble statue of the God of Love carving his bow from Hercules' club.) The exposed portion of the plaque visible within the frame measures 10.5" by 8". Frame measures 17" by 14.5" by 3.25" and weighs an estimated 7-10 lbs. We have not removed the plaque from the frame to inspect and photograph the rear. This item comes from a family who have been collecting European porcelain for four generations. It resides on the Upper East Side of Manhattan in New York and may be seen by appointment.