Raymond Verdun Drawings
(1) Landscape - ID: 050115-097 - Condition: Paper discoloration otherwise in good condition. Signed. - Dimension: 18 x 24"
(2) Landscape with ruins (verso) Nude man portrait - ID: 050115-097A - Condition: Small tear on the bottom center edge of paper. Some light foxing visible on the upper portion. Hand signed. Dimension: 18-1/2 x 23-1/4"
Flowers by Barney Rubenstein
Condition: Paper has very light smudges otherwise in good condition. Inscription on top of the drawing.
Dimension: 13-3/4 x 10-3/4"
Henry Schonbeuer Drawings
(1) "Demonstration in NYC" 1930 - ID: 080614-13A - Condition: Paper discoloration and light smudges. Upper right corner chipped. - Dimension: 8-1/4 x 10-3/4"
(2) Family in the farm, 1930 - ID: 080614-13B - Condition: Paper discoloration and some light smudges. Small tear on the upper left edge of paper. Dimension: 7-1/4 x 10"
(1) "The Contest" Acid burns and foxing on paper. Unsigned. 4 x 6-1/4"
(2) "Elegant Company" Acid burns and foxing on paper.Small tears and creases edges. Signed and dated 4 x 6"
(3) "Travelers at Rest" Acid burns and foxing on paper. Unsigned. 4 x 6-1/2"
(4) "The Dispatch" Acid burns and foxing on paper. Some light creases on the borders. Unsigned. 4 x 6-1/4"
(5) "The Drink" Paper in bad shape. Creases, tears and chips. Light oxidation on paper...
Masterful pen and ink drawing titled "The Butterfly Catcher" by well-listed academic artist Jehan Georges Vibert (French, 1840 – 1902). Signed lower right. Housed in a gilt and gesso wood frame under glass and a single layer of white matting with a gilt fillet. Visible image measures 5.5" W x 7.5" H overall paper measures 8"W x10" H. Minor yellowing, commensurate with age.
Vibert was known for his genre scenes, often of cardinals and clergy...
Original color chalk sketch of a nude by William Stout (American fantasy artist, illustrator, film designer, born 1949). This work is signed, dated (1999), and titled "Pamela" l.r. William Stout is a legendary illustrator and film designer.
This ink drawing of a 19th century woman by Fogarty measures 10 3/4 x 8 1/2". Condition: Foxing, and soiling on paper. Unsigned.
Thomas Fogarty was born in 1873 in New York and died in 1938. Fogarty is known for nostalgic pen and ink illustrations depicting an earlier era, especially simple homespun subjects. He worked in many mediums, but was especially noted for pen and ink, o wash and crayon
This is a Thomas Fogarty ink drawing of a man with a cane. Condition: Foxing and smudges on paper/board. Has pencil inscriptions outside of drawing. Hand signed in the lower left corner. Dimension: 7 x 8"
Illustrator Thomas Fogarty (1873 - 1938) is known for nostalgic pen and ink illustrations depicting an earlier era, especially simple homespun subjects...
Image size: 7 18" x 10.5" and in the frame and mat: approx 14" x 18" ProvenANCE: Howat who purchased it from Helene C. Seidenfeld. Dirk Stoop was a 17th century Dutch artist primarily known for his detailed drawings of horses, landscapes, and war scenes. He was active in the Netherlands, Italy, Great Britain, and Germany. Later in life, Stoop became the court painter for the Portuguese Princess, Catherina Henrietta...
An original antique French master pencil drawing of a young shepard boy. Signed titled and dated 1847 on verso in French. Image size 7.5"W x 9.5"L archival matted and framed overall size 13 x 16". In excellent condition.
Original pastel drawing of a nude by Vincent Nesbert (American, born in Poland, 1898-1976), circa 1940-1950. In excellent condition. Signed L.R. Vincent Nesbert is a well listed artist.
Original pastel painting on paper by Ramon Kelley (American, born 1939). Offered in its original frame from Kelley's own gallery. Signed and dated 1971 l.r. Also inscribed verso: "Senora Lucero, Santa Fe, New Mexico, Pastel, $400, Ramon K. 71" In excellent original condition.
Vintage charcoal drawing of a female nude, presented matted and in a 19th C carved antique-gold frame. Image size: 24" x 18". less
Dimensions 28.5ʺW × 2.0ʺD × 34.5ʺH
European painted vertical plaque of a solider holding a spear is dressed in a colorful orange clothing with a hat with a large plume, the costume of the day, in front of a decorative wall and black and white tile floor. Framed, signed. Size: 15-1/2” high x 7-1/2” wide
Harry Bertoia monotype on rice paper
Tall sculptural forms in varied textures and hues
Paper size - 19 1/2" x 22 3/4"
Set in black frame - size 25" x 30"
Very good original condition
Original charcoal-pencil drawing on grey paper by Warren Brandt (American, 1918-2002). Signed l.r. Also inscribed verso: "#11--Warren Brandt--Sisters--Charcoal-Pencil--11 1/2 by 13--$300". Still bears a gallery label from the Louise Himelfarb Gallery in Water Mill, New York.
Warren Brandt was born in Greensboro, NC. He lived and worked in New York...
A modern Chinese ink watercolour painting by an artist of Shanghai art school or academy that was founded by Master Liu Haisu
An exceptionally rare and fine portrait of two children, possibly twins, in pencil and charcoal, dated August 1855. While the artist is unknown, he has captured the astonishingly innocent expressions of two very young children, probably Northeastern United States, sitting for their portraits, with the boy on the right reaching for a toy in the hand of the girl on the left, most likely his sister. They are both seated in a wooden bench attired in clothing very typical of the period...