Antique Swords and Daggers, Antique Pistols and Guns, Antiquities and Pre Columbian Art

Polish Oil Painting by Leszek Stańko 1925-2011 Roadside Shrine Poland

Polish Oil Painting by Leszek Stańko 1925-2011 Roadside Shrine Poland


browse these categories for related items...
Directory: Fine Art: Paintings: Oil: Europe: East European: Pre 1980: Item # 1457004

Please refer to our stock # FA108 when inquiring.
Hundred and One Antiques
View Seller Profile
Visit Our Website
www.antiquesword101.com
613 979 8250

Guest Book
Buy Now With PayPal
Polish oil painting on canvas by well-known, listed Polish artist Leszek Stańko (1925-2011).

Finely hand-painted oil on canvas board; signed lower right, depicting Polish countryside landscape with the roadside shrine. Mounted in the wooden frame.

MEASUREMENTS:

Dimensions with the frame: 46.8 cm x 36.8 cm (18.4 inches x 14.5 inches).

Dimensions without the frame: 25.4 cm x 35.6 cm (10 inches x 14 inches)

CONDITION: In excellent condition, no restorations whatsoever.

Leszek Stańko (1924 - 2011) painter - landscape painter, born in Sosnowiec, son of Michał. His father, who had a studio in Zakopane before WWII, was taking him to the Tatra Mountains from his early childhood.

The son continued the old Tatra landscape school (Stefan Filipkiewicz, Stanisław Gałek, Michał Stańko and others). He mainly painted the Tatra Mountains, but also the Silesian Beskids, Jura Krakowsko-Częstochowska, and less often the Bieszczady Mountains. In his best paintings, he was equal to his above-noted father, who died in 1969. He developed his own original style. He gained popularity, especially in Silesia. His works were also popular among clients from Vienna and Rome and among the Polish diaspora in New York and Chicago. In 1945-1947 he studied at the Academy of Fine Arts in Krakow with Weiss and briefly with Ignacy Pieńkowski and Fryderyk Pautsch. He did not complete his studies. Then he worked for 6 years at the Bielski Studio Filmów Rysunkowych and Wytwórnia Filmów Rysunkowych in Warsaw. Then he returned to painting for good. In 1956, he became a member of the Warsaw-based artistic group "Zachęta," established by artists who continued the tradition of 19th-century realism. They exhibited in Warsaw and other cities.