A pair of large droplet shaped pendant lamps in cool green and blue murrines that resemble cells. Most likely an Ermanno Toso design from around 1960. The murrines are floating in a clear glass matrix on which they were gathered then blown.
Each hanging fixture has a satiny acid matte finish, and is capped with a polished brass plate with loop for hanging. The brass plates appear to be original. The brass plates are held on by clips, and can be removed to change the bulbs.
Each has its original long brass link chain and cord with integral switch for swagging. Both lamps do work.
The brass plate of one fixture does have a loss to the brass plating and is shown in the photograph, the other plate is has a tiny spot of flaking but is primarily intact.
Each pendant measures (glass) 15 inches (38 cm); with brass plate 18 inches (45.7 cm), and are 10 inches (25.4 cm) in diameter
This piece is shown in the book "Fratelli Toso; Italian Glass 1854 - 1980" by Leslie Pina; Schiffer on pages 196/197.
No cracks, chips or repairs. Unmarked. Circa 1960.