Fine example of a polished pewter Art Nouveau tazza designed by Friedrich Adler for the Osiris workshop circa 1900. The interlacing stylized foliate design is reticulated to reveal the original deep ruby-red crystal bowl. The workshop was founded in Nuremberg in 1899 by Walter Scherf and ceased operating in 1914. An example of this design is pictured in "Friedrich Adler—Zwischen Jugendstil und Art Deco," page 172. Signed beneath the hexagonal footed Art Nouveau support, Osiris 587. Dimensions: 6 1/4" H., 6 3/4" W.