A pair of very well painted and gilt porcelain compotes. Both with marks that are loosely painted in undergaze blue that more or less resemble the crossed torches that are the registered mark for the Locre factory, also known as La Courtille. The factory was in existence from 1771 until 1840. The high quality of the painting is especially evident in the bouquets in the center of the compotes. They are slightly different in size: one is 12 ½ inches long (31.5 cm), 8 ¾ inches wide (22 cm) and 5 ¼ inches high (13 cm), the other is 12 ¼ inches long (31 cm), 9 inches wide 23 cm) and 5 ¼ inches high (13 cm).
Condition. Generally excellent with minor gilding wear. One with three small chips to the foot.
Very boldly decorated and unusual to have a pair