A very unusual and wonderful love token pendant, circa the late 18th or early 19th century, probably Austrian. The focus of this sentimental piece is a circular watercolor miniature on ivory of a young woman in Regency-era dress, holding a wreath in the shape of a heart. She stands before a landscape with a church in the background – it is very similar in style to Austrian churches of the 17th century. The reverse of the pendant is made of a one kreuzer silver coin from 1670. The coin is inscribed “MAX GAND D G AR EPS SAL SE AP L” – it was minted in the reign of Archbishop Maximilian Gandolph von Kuenburg. Suspended from the miniature is a coral bead, mean to protect the wearer from evil. A lovely old pendat in very good condition; slight water stain on her right arm. Miniature measures 1 1/8”; pendant measures 3 1/2” from bead to bail.