Pair of Edward VIII sterling silver open salts with cobalt glass liners. Made by AM & Co. in London in 1936. Each: rectangular well with crimped corners. Everted rim has foliage and scallop shells. Monopodia supports at corners: lion’s head terminating in paw. An attractive example of Georgian revival. Fine craftsmanship and solid weight. Hallmarked. Excellent condition.
Dimensions: H 1 ¾ x W 4 1/8 x D 3 ¼ in. Total weight: 13 troy ounces. AY477