George VI sterling silver box. Made by Charles S. Green & Co. in Birmingham in 1951. Rectangular with stepped block corner supports with skyscraper mounts. Cover hinged with applied and canted corners and central stepped finial. Fixed and scrolled bracket end handles with applied ornament. Box and cover interior cedar lined and partitioned. Box underside leather lined. Hallmarked. Very nice condition and patina.
Dimensions: H 4 1/2 x W 9 5/8 x D 6 5/8 in. Total weight: 46.8 troy ounces. BM757