Measures about 3 inches tall.
Both pill tiles have identical marking on the back side as follows: "GERMANY" and "Trademark 'M' PHILADELPHIA, NEW YORK".
The smaller tile measures 8" x 10" and is in excellent condition, priced at $125.00.
The larger tile measures 10" x 12" and is in nice condition with the exception of a small 1/2" chip on the top front edge. Priced at $115.00.
Very nice tools of the trade!
Condition: Mild, unobtrusive wear to the paper. The blue round label is affixed to the glass, not the actual paper. The frame retains 2 early holes used for hanging along with various surface dings and an early slice of wood missing from the right side of frame.
Historically, Pabst's Okay Specifics was cited by the 1906 FDA Act for various violations including failure to mention alcohol content, having no known curative ingredient, etc, resulting in frequent seizure and destruction of the product!
An absolutely fabulous Parke Davis veterinary pharmacy, medicine bottle.
The nickel plated, heavy metal device is neatly packed into a hardwood case sporting joined grooved construction. Included are 3 size funnels and 2 matching tampers, a felt moistening rolling pin - 4 envelopes each containing direction slips for use. Also contains 2 booklets - one for physicians touting the history and benefits of using the Konseal rice flour capsules and another larger booklet primarily containing directions for use. The set is complete with a wooden top tray for housing the booklets, funnels, rolling pin and supplies.
The wooden case and metal Konseal machine are in very good condition, commensurate with age and use. The top tray is in good condition as well though it sports an ancient hole as seen in the photos.
Please note the original handsome brass label tacked to the top of box. The wooden case measures 9.5"L x 6.5"W x 3.5"H.
Wafers when sealed, were designed to house bitter flavored powdered medicines thus avoiding distasteful side effects.
This awesome tool of the trade includes many unused burs housed in their original, individual boxes. A detailed, complete label is pasted on the interior lid and is in good condition.
The hardwood case measures 11" L x 5.5" W x 3" H and has wear to the finish commensurate with age and use.
Extensively used in the 19th century and earlier, the cupping glass is a glass vessel from which the air has been exhausted by heat or suction creating a vacuum, and then applied to the skin to draw blood to the surface for therapeutic or curative purposes.
As each is priced separately (see photos for pricing), please email us stating the number of items you wish to purchase so that we can customize your order form.
This fabulous show globe sports a hand-blown, glass globe that is surrounded and adorned by very fancy, plated brass. The globe measures 22 inches high from the bottom finial to the top. Inclusive of the chain hanger, the globe measures 36 inches from base finial to the tip of original hanger. Condition is excellent with no missing parts, damage or repairs. The interior of the globe has a mild haze that I have chosen not to attempt to clean. The globe holds water quite safely should the next owner choose to fill it with colored liquid, as was the practice during the show globe "heyday". The metal components retain a beautiful patina.
The show globe is quite striking and will be a fabulous addition to any collection!
History: The 20th century provenance of the original show globe pair is documented per the previous owner as follows: The show globe pair resided from 1933 until 1965 at Liberty Drug, 126 Liberty Street, New York City, within very close vicinity of what was to become the location of the World Trade Center. The globes were then passed on in 1965 within the family and were moved to Liberty Drug, 195 Main Street, Chatham, NJ, where they were proudly displayed until 1986 when the most recent family member/owner retired and closed the drug store.
The Cudahy meat packing industry dates back to the turn of the century. The Cudahy meat industry, with stockyards in Omaha, Chicago, Sioux City and Los Angeles produced the REX brand of fine beef and pork products. They also produced lard, soaps and patent medicine products such as Cudahy's Essence of Pepsin and Cudahy's Rexsoma that used the animal byproducts. The patent medicines were marketed as nutritional supplements for improved health.
This 3.5 inch tall undamaged beauty is in very good condition and very classy indeed!
A terrific image on a lovely cup that can be easily displayed anywhere in your collection.
This dual purpose pharmacy tool of the trade measures about 9 inches high and retains much of its original black japanned surface.
The sign advertises the office of "James H. Groom. Dentist.", and remains in fine condition with deep-toned, original patina and with some very minor warping due to its many years of age. The lettering is actually impressed into the surface and is painted black. Any white marks appearing on the front of the sign are due only to light/sun reflection---the sign has a very even-toned coloration.
The sign has a hole at each corner to facilitate hanging, or it may be easily displayed upon a shelf!
A fabulous , rich-looking display piece with great "eye appeal"!
All but one bottle are re-purposed and sport "OTIS CLAPP & SON" embossing on one side. One bottle sports the original Otis Clapp & Son paper label (SEPIA). One bottle is round and not original to case.
Each Otis Clapp bottle measures over 2.5 inches high, having hand-written labels with instructions for use and corks with hand-written contents on top. One Otis Clapp bottle is amber colored; otherwise the bottles are clear.
The case measures 7" x 4.5" x 5" and is in very good condition with a functional front clasp. An early note has been affixed to the inner top to reflect contents, dose and antidote.
Very unusual indeed!
Some History from the Derby Connecticut Historical Society:
ALBERT W. PHILLIPS, M. D. was born at Marcellus, N. Y., July 26, 1838, his early education having been secured in the common schools of his native town.
He graduated from the Hannemann Homoepathic College, Chicago, Ill., in 1861.
At the commencement of the Rebellion, he enlisted as a private in the 12th Regiment, New York State Volunteers, but was later appointed hospital steward of the same regiment, and later received the appointment of assistant surgeon of the 149th Regiment New York Volunteers. He served until the close of the war, when he moved to Birmingham. He held the office of registrar of vital statistics, and also was an influential member of the Board of Burgess for several years. He was the only follower of the school "similia similibus curantur" in the town, and had a large and lucrative practice.
Dr. T.D.M. Wilson graduated from Jefferson Medical College in 1875, and the following offered items from this estate auction provide an historical glimpse into his long medical career.
The first item is a fabulous 19th century brass DOCTOR T.D.M. Wilson sign measuring 14L x 9W inches, which likely adorned the entrance way to Dr. Wilson's office.
Also offered in this grouping is a rare group photo of Dr. Wilson (4th from the left) and other Phi Kappa Sigma members. The frame measures 16.5"L x 12.5"W. While the photo is a bit faded, the image is remarkable and includes a distinguished group of Phi Kappa Sigma members.
The third and fourth items in this grouping are a small, framed, 1909 AMA membership certificate with Dr. Wilson's name inscribed, and a very unusual IRS narcotic SPECIAL TAX STAMP from 1926. This Narcotic form is unique in that it names Dr. Wilson as the single physician allowed to dispense narcotics within the 23rd District of the State of Pennsylvania.
Finally, 2 handwritten letters postmarked in 1884 from Dr. Wilson to his loving wife are included, offering a small glimpse into his personal life.
Together, this is rich grouping of artifacts provides one a unique opportunity to further enhance one's collection of medical objects.
The condition of the cabinet is very good with some exterior damage to the top back portion. The finish appears original and the interior is good. The door opens and closes easily. The tin is good with wear commensurate with its age. The printing is clearly visible on the medicines noted on the tin.
The cabinet measures 26.5 inches high x 21 inches wide x 7 inches deep.
A fabulous find!
Please note: 1st photo is representative of actual color; remaining photos suffer from "sunlight washout".
The box measures 4 inches long and is in good condition.
A must for the foot doctor in your life.
Veterinary signs of any type are quite scarce! Wonderful patina!