In addition to a very diverse and interesting collection of seven books focusing on Black culture, life and literature, and an analytical view of both the North and South of the 1950s, this offering also features one, circa 1960’s, original, vintage BLACK POWER pin back measuring 3.25 inches in diameter. Some light scuffing to front and back of the pin, with the original pin missing substituted with a like-size safety pin.
The seven used books are as follows:
1) Paperback Autobiography by Dick Gregory, “Nigger”,12th printing, 1969. Cover wear, browning of pages, no missing pages,tight binding.
2) Paperback “Three Negro Classics”: “Up From Slavery” by Booker T. Washington, “The Souls of Black Folk” by William E. DuBois, and “The Autobiography of an Ex-Colored Man” by James Weldon Johnson, 9thprinting, 1970. Very little wear evident!
3) Paperback “Black Boy” by Richard Wright, 6thPrinting, 1964. Slight cover wear, light browning of pages, no missing pages,tight binding.
4) Paperback “Look Out, Whitey! Black Power’s Gon’ Get Your Mama” by Julius Lester, 1st Printing, 1969. Slight cover wear, browning of pages, no missing pages, tight binding.
5) Paperback “Tales” by LeRoi Jones, 6thPrinting, 1967. Subtle cover wear.
6) Hard Cover “Race and Reason, A Yankee View” by Carleton Putnam, 1st Printing, Public Affairs Press, Washington DC, 1961. Very good condition.